Sunday, September 24, 2006

Will You Know? Or Must I Tell You?



I woke up early, drowning in the muggy mist of morning, groggily groaning my way to work. The air was heavy with the threat of rain; you could smell it everywhere quivering, waiting. It bunched up and caused pressure in my head. It felt like forever before the sky finally cracked and the pressure subsided. It felt like weeks. The sky darkened dramatically but I couldn't see the clouds from inside the bistro. I imagine they swarmed overhead ominously. The day let out slowly and I walked out of the bistro relieved, exhausted, right as the sky broke and the rain crashed down. It was a warm rain, a damp rain (like the kind you find in songs) and I walked slowly to the car, letting it slide down my sticky, sweaty face.

I drove slowly through the rain, the puddles flying up in streams and coming in through the open window. The windshield wipers ran furiously, scraping across the widow, spitting the water off the sides of the car. I came home and took a brief nap. I woke up just at sunset. The clouds had broken beautifully, layers of light clouds sitting right beneath deep, thick layers of dark rain clouds. The sun screamed out from behind them, glowing red and orange. It slowly sank, and Sunday waned.

There is something solid beneath me these days. I feel I am gaining footing. Each day of words I build, on this blog or elsewhere, is a feather in my cap. Each sentence spoken simply, slipping suddenly from my lips, is an articulation of something solid. I feel, sometimes, that this blog is too vague. That a reader might not have anything to take a hold of. That it is too personal, too emotional. If anyone reads this perhaps you can give me some advice.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest you try more descriptive passages and be more of an observer. You internalize a lot in your prose and it never seems like you extrapolate enough why you feel that way and it makes it tough to follow at times. Just a suggestion.

1:20 AM  
Blogger lagal[og] said...

imho, a blog is akin to a diary. go ahead and let your thoughts and ideas run freely. too personal? it is supposed to be personal. i wouldn't let other bloggers/readers dictate what i write because as far as i am concerned, this is my own (cyber)space. if you want to ramble on and on, you're free to do so. if you want your blog to be your cathartic release, so be it.

God bless!

lagal[og]

p.s. thanks for dropping by and for the compliment. your pics are good, they tell stories on their own. so keep it up.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I change my answer. Oggie's right. Don't ever take advice even when you ask for it. That's just asking for trouble.

9:45 PM  
Blogger lagal[og] said...

hey swimtrun, i didn't mean to impose, only trying to suggest :-D peace!

push button blogger, yup, i do agree, we share some things in common. while i love to take artistic captures, i love pictures that tell stories and provoke thought. curious thing to find fellow bloggers who feel/think/write/take pictures the same way :-)

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I killed the last man who emoticoned me, Oggie Doggie.
You are on notice.

I am very, very insecure and raging with idle, borderline ridiculous threats.

I happened to hate pictures that evoke thought since my brief stint with the cold-hearted register at McDonalds, BUT I AM with you on pictures that tell stories... especially if they have pull tabs that make the pretty dinosaur growl or reveal a surprise birthday cake.

Let's just agree to disagree.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're crazy. that's what the good lord thinks.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to the wisdom of the Asians. The rest is up to you.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home