Friday, October 13, 2006

The Darkest Blues


The days are so short now, they end so suddenly and the sun just sinks in the sky. The slow, sparkling summer sunsets are soon to be only a memory. The cold is already creeping in, callous and crisp. I am already dreading waking up and stepping out onto a frozen floor, my feet cringing. My only consolation lies in the snow, the perfect white sheets of frost which cover the ground, the windows. And in the fall leaves which are still shifting, still clinging to skinny branches, still holding onto the last bits of green.

Today the sky was crystal blue with little scattered specks of clouds. I woke up cold from terrible nightmares. They were vivid and graphic and violent. It is hard for me to think of them. I am trying to forget them. People are out in the streets tonight; I can hear them, drunkenly spewing undirected obscenities. They are often there, beneath me, making a ruckus, running amok and screaming threats at one another. I try to ignore them but I often must hear their shouting matches and their words shake the air.

I am home alone, something that happens rarely with roommates. And I often yearn to be alone with my thoughts, to let them simmer and shatter and slide around without any outside influences. But, each time I find myself alone I stare blankly into the darkness and I fill with a vague fear, an undefined sadness. I look out into the emptiness and into the artifically lit street and I feel the weight of all that needs to be done, of all that needs to be written. I stare out from eyes which do not feel like mine. And there is a silence somewhere that should be filled with words.

Life sometimes passes over me like a shadow, unfelt, barely seen. I sit here, soaking myself in the words I speak, in the words I cannot speak. I attempt to articulate something serious, something worthy of even my own re-reading. The ghosts of my past gather around me. They stare in silence; they wait for me. And I am always grasping for air, struggling to see what lies before me. I am always caught between the layers of the years I have lived. I am always calculating the worth of each day. I weigh out the words I have written and I judge them; I am them. Even now, I am looking at the paragraphs before this one, wondering if once tomorrow arrives, if I will feel like today was a day well-lived.

I have squirmed inside a sickness which is only just now subsiding. This week has been merely a mirage. I have watched things happen and I have not felt that I was the one they were happening to. But, I have also been overwhelmed by the same feelings I have always felt, the same feelings which never leave but which fester and glow inside me. I hold them there and I could not let go if I tried. Everything that happens to me happens to me so wholly that I can only stand back and watch it. I hide inside myself, inside my memories, inside the reflected images of the things I think of doing.

I want to move through a foreign landscape; I want to speak in another tongue. I want to build a thousand new memories to quiet the things I see everyday. All of the places here are coated in all the things that happened before. The old associations haunt my present. I can never figure how what to let go of and what to keep tight against my chest. I am always searching for a change in the people I know. I am always searching for a change in myself, a change I constantly try to encourage. I am losing the things I am trying to say.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A shared trap hosting advantage or understood hosting service or derive tummler refers to a network hosting waiting where myriad websites reside on joke web server connected to the Internet. Each locale "sits" on its own allotment, or section/place on the server, to support it separate from other sites. This is customarily the most stingy option for hosting, as diverse people share the entire expenditure of server maintenance.
[url=http://hostinghouse.pl]hosting[/url]

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

louis vuitton wallets Knowledge just about every move in the obtaining approach will help you composition your promoting course of action along with your internet marketing components to cater to the buyer. Take some time to think about what your purchaser goes by means of when making the choice to get, and change your business consequently. In executing so, you increase your chances of making extra product sales, and landing extra content consumers..

www.uggsunitedkingdom.co.uk To further improve your chances of survival, enter a survival group. You might complete the preparations before doomsday and it may also raise your approaches and suggests. The survival team that you are joining have to have precisely the same objectives as yours so you happen to be all in settlement and will perform alongside one another to obtain that purpose..

ugg outlet By way of example, for those who see a purse you actually want as well as seller says its $100 and also you understand that ridiculous, you request for a lower price. Initially the vendor will shake their head and say a greater price tag compared to the a person you brought up. Next, you may have to walk absent and inform them you sorry, however , you cannot afford it.

louis vuitton handbags Perspective PhotoIn this Dec. 13, 2011 picture, Brad Cheskes of Chicago, retailers for the Macy's on State class="photo">View PhotoIn this Dec. thirteen, 2011 photo, Jesus Esparza, suitable, of Chicago, shops on the Macy's class="photo">View PhotoFILE - Within this Nov. Purse is a vital accessory, which has develop into a requirement now. Ladies generally carrying their private items wherever she goes. Handbags will be the most often applied bags beside almost every other bags as they are extremely handy and light to carry, you could find people today carrying it in all places.

ugg boots uk The following significant difficulty is how you can take proper treatment of these memory cards. The memory cards might feel like some small and vulnerable piece of know-how, nonetheless they are literally quite strong. The flash memory is encased inside of a rigid plastic shell which may withstand normal don and handling.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On mine, at someone alphabetic алексия :)
In my opinion you are mistaken. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.
Matchless theme, it is interesting to me :)
All in due time.
Sometimes there are things and is worse

[url=http://shenenmaoyiqwe.futblog.com.br/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyizzz.bravesites.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyif.devhub.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.blogymate.com/post.aspx?blogid=3689380&t=Repair-Scratched-Leather][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyik.devhub.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home