Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happiness cools my sweat.

Today was hot and muggy and perspiration dripped between my breasts all day. I casually wandered around the dining room bringing people their lunches at a leisurely pace, not really terribly concerned about much. The SmellyOld's came in again, like always, twenty minutes before we close and sat there for 40 minutes after we close. They are quite scary indeed. Mr. SmellyOld is a therapist or a psychiatrist; I try not to listen when he talks. He has the most condescening tone of anyone I've ever met in all my life. He's always lecturing his wife who must have had 30 face lifts in the last 2 years. And she sits there, her bright pink lips stretched tightly across her face, smiling and asking questions in her high, forced voice. She's a nice lady. I like her far more than I like him. But only because she talks less. I've seen him come in with a pile of poetry and read her poems out loud and then quiz her on them, I swear. There's a rumor around the Bistro that you know they've been screwing when they share the same water glass. I believe it's true but I try not to think about it.

The Moldy's came in too. She's rather frightening. They MUST sit in the window so that they can see the beautiful view of the parking lot. And if they don't get their window seat you're sure to get chewed out no matter who you are. Although, she's calmed down quite a bit lately there are some rather funny notes about her on Open Table. I love those notes. It's so funny to read some long rant about someone while they're on the phone with you. Especially when they specify the exact absurdly entitled desires that it tells you they will in their customer notes.

I had a fine morning, I guess. Things moved quickly and I left promptly when my shift was over. I saw Mr. Heuman going to the bank and spoke to him for a bit. I've been looking forward to Megan's birthday party which is tonight. I bought her a book of Russian Prison Tattoos and some weird little fuzzy rabbits smoking cigarettes. I wrapped it in wrapping paper with bacon printed on it. I think I'm a good gift giver. Megan is downstairs waiting for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home